While JRPC is set on inspiring innovation, earnestly focusing on excellence in learning/ teaching within the campus, it feels that it is important for a technical institution in a rural location to be aware of the needs of the community lying in the immediate vicinity and make a meaningful contribution towards them.
In fact, the JRPC community is active in addressing some of their problems and a number of programs have been launched by them. Some of such projects are quoted below:
- Rural School curricular Development Initiatives
- Rural School sports Development Initiatives
- Village Health Awareness Programme
- Organizing mini marathons with a social cause to sensitize local people on current important issues
- Centre for Excellence, Renewable and Energy Savings
- Development of simple technical products such as float for the local villages’ water tank, Light Dependent automatic ON/OFF switch for local street lights.
- English Teaching at a basic level to the local school children
- Opening of Extension Centre, Women Entrepreneurs Association of Tamil Nadu (WEAT) for women empowerment
- Creation and use of Video Resources for developing aptitudes in Mathematics and science at middle school and high school level
A cadre of innately curious and enthusiastic students under the mentorship of our staff are our torch-bearers to the local community and rural schools. In its service to rural India through technical education and its associated activities, JRPC aspires to serve as a model for India.