Dr. KALPANA J
PRINCIPAL & SECRETARY
Dr.J.Kalpana, earned her Doctorate and Masters in Computer Science and Engg, from Bharathidasan Institute of Technology, Anna University, Trichy and National Institute of Technology respectively. Hailing from a family of technical educators, she is immensely interested in technical education. She has been in the field of teaching for the past 23 years and enjoys designing and implementing alternative methods to rote learning. Most important among her contributions are toys from scrap materials to demonstrate scientific and mathematical concepts, thanks to her engineering knowledge A resource person for teaching mathematics using innovative methods starting from high school level to university level, she has completed several Projects for different funding agencies in the area of Teaching and Learning. Currently, she is involved in designing activities for making technical education an enjoyable experience for the rural children.PUBLICATIONS:
- J.Kalpana and R.Krishnamoorthi, “A New Variance-Based Codebook Generation Technique”, Proceedings of the National Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Madurai, India, pp.128-132, Aug.2011.
- J.Kalpana and R.Krishnamoorthi, “Minimum distortion clustering technique for orthogonal polynomials transform vector quantizer”, Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Communication, Computing and Security, pp. 443-448, NIT Odisha, India, Feb.2011.
- J.Kalpana and R.Krishnamoorthi, “Indexing and Retrieval of Visually Similar Images in the Orthogonal Polynomials Transform Domain”, LNCS Volume No.6411, pp.196-203, 2012.
- J.Kalpana and R.Krishnamoorthi, “Fast retrieval of colour objects with multidimensional orthogonal polynomials”, Multidimensional systems and signal processing, DOI 10.1007/s11045-013-0222-y.
- J.Kalpana and R.Krishnamoorthi, “Generalized Adaptive Bayesian Relevance Feedback in the Orthogonal Polynomials Transform Domain”, Signal Processing, Vol.92, No.12, pp.3062-3067, December 2012.
- J.Kalpana and R.Krishnamoorthi, “Describing SIFT keypoints: a shift from pixel to transform domain”, Multimedia Tools and Applications (Accepted with minor revisions)
- J.Kalpana and R.Krishnamoorthi, “Color Image Retrieval Technique With Local Features Based On Orthogonal Polynomials Model And SIFT”, Multimedia Tools and Applications, Signal Processing, doi: 10.1007/s11042-014-2215-8, August 2014.
- High Speed Networks, Charulatha Publications 2007