- Started his career in Public Works Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, India, as an Assistant Engineer
after his Master's in Structural Engg, from the College of Engg, Guindy, Chennai , Dr. R.C.Janakarajan
his inner calling was towards technical teaching and hence followed it to become Lecturer, Dept. of
Regional Engg. College, Tiruchirappalli
- He completed his Doctorate in Transport Engg. From IIT Madras
- He was deputed to serve as the First Principal of Kalasalingam College of Engg in rural South India. The
seeds that he sowed have transformed this College into its present University status.
- Uncompromising in values but still being soft by nature, he was found to be the most befitting
for administrative positions in academic institutions. This made him the Registrar, IIT Madras.
- He was then appointed as Advisor to the Vice-Chancellor, Anna University. He was given the additional
of Director, Centre for Academic Partnership, Anna University
- On successful completion of this assignment, he felt that the rich benefit of his technical teaching
expertise which he gained over a time period spanning 4 and half decades, should reach the rural and the
downtrodden in the society and hence was born his dream Institution -J.R.Polytechnic College.